Jameela Yusuff, MD
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- Understand the changing paradigm of HIV.
- Understand data on approach and management of smoking cessation among HIV patients.
- Be familiar with smoking cessation tools: 5A's, nicotine replacement.
The target audience is MDs, NPs, PAs and RNs involved or interested in HIV education.
This course was approved for CME and CNE credit on 10/23/2013 and will terminate 10/23/2016. It is also approved for OASAS.
CME: The School of Public Health, University at Albany is accredited by the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. School of Public Health, University at Albany designates this online course for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CNE: School of Public Health, University at Albany is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Massachusetts Association of Registered Nurses, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. 1 contact hour
OASAS: This course is accredited by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services for 1 continuing education credit.
- This online video and post-activity evaluation are one hour in length.
- After you complete the video portion of this educational activity there will be a post-activity evaluation and quiz.
- You must pass the quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive the CE certificate. You are given two attempts to pass the quiz. If failed you need to watch the presentation again and retake the quiz.
- If successful, you will be provided instructions to print your CE certificate at the completion of this activity.