Smoking Cessation in the HIV Patient
Jameela J. Yusuff, MD
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
- Understand the changing paradigm of HIV.
- Understand data on approach and management of smoking cessation among HIV patients.
- Be familiar with smoking cessation tools: 5A's, nicotine replacement.
The target audience is MD, NP, PA, RN, DDS, PharmD interested in HIV/HCV/STD continuing medical education.
This course was approved for CME and CNE credit on 10/23/2013 and will terminate 10/23/2016. It is also approved for OASAS.
The School of Public Health, University at Albany is accredited by the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Public Health, University at Albany designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The School of Public Health, University at Albany is an approved provider of continuing nurse education by the Massachusetts Association of Registered Nurses, Inc., an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This offering is approved for 1 nursing contact hours.
This course is accredited by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services for 1 continuing education credit.
Policies and standards of MSSNY require that speakers and planners for CME activities disclose any relevant financial relationships they may have with commercial interests whose products, devices or services may be discussed in the content of a CME activity.
· Jameela Yusuff, MD has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- This online video and post-activity evaluation are one hour in length.
- After you complete the video portion of this educational activity there will be a post-activity evaluation and quiz.
- You must pass the quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive the CE certificate. You are given two attempts to pass the quiz.
- If successful, you will be provided instructions to print your CE certificate at the completion of this activity.