Peter W. Hunt, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
HIV/AIDS Division University of California, San Francisco, CA
- Know that HIV increases the risk of several, but not all, age-associated morbidities.
- Be aware that immune activation persists despite suppressive ART and predicts many of these morbidities.
- Understand that some immunologic mechanisms that drive morbidity/mortality in treated-HIV-infection may be distinct from those in aging.
- Appreciate the interventional targets that are being pursued in interventional trials to reduce morbidity and mortality during ART-mediated viral suppression.
This CME activity was approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ on May 12, 2015 and will terminate May, 2018.
The target audience is all physicians, NPs and PAs involved or interested in HIV education.
This online video and post-activity evaluation are one hour in length.
- After you complete the video portion of this educational activity there will be a post-activity evaluation and quiz.
- You must achieve at least 70% correct to receive your CME certificate.
- If successful, you will be provided instructions to print your CME certificate at the completion of this activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) and the Physicians’ Research Network (PRN). MSSNY is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical Society of the State of New York designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with extent of their participation in the activity.
Policies and standards of MSSNY require that speakers and planners for CME activities disclose any relevant financial relationships they may have with commercial interests whose products, devices or services may be discussed in the content of a CME activity.
- Dr. James Braun (Planner/Course Director) had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. Hunt (Presenter) had the following personal financial relationships in the previous 12 months with manufacturers of the products and/or services that may be presented in this CME activity: Consultant to Merck, Gilead, and Tobira; honoraria recipient from Gilead, and Janssen. Dr. Hunt submitted his slides in advance for adequate peer review, and will support his presentation and clinical recommendations with the best available evidence from the medical literature.
This meeting of the Physicians’ Research Network (PRN) and enduring material were funded in part by educational grants from: Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co, and ViiV Healthcare.