Ponni V. Perumalswami, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Liver Diseases
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
- Describe the recommended HCV screening guidelines.
- Describe the HCV screening mandate in New York State.
- Demonstrate HepCure, an innovative, web-based tool to improved access and expand care for HCV.
- Communicate preliminary results from a new HCV care coordination to improve access to care in New York City.
This CME activity was approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ on August 11, 2015 and will terminate August, 2018.
The target audience is all physicians, NPs and PAs involved or interested in HIV education.
This online video and post-activity evaluation are one hour in length.
- After you complete the video portion of this educational activity there will be a post-activity evaluation and quiz.
- You must achieve at least 70% correct to receive your CME certificate.
- If successful, you will be provided instructions to print your CME certificate at the completion of this activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) and the Physicians’ Research Network (PRN). MSSNY is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical Society of the State of New York designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with extent of their participation in the activity.
Policies and standards of MSSNY require that speakers and planners for CME activities disclose any relevant financial relationships they may have with commercial interests whose products, devices or services may be discussed in the content of a CME activity.
- Dr. James Braun (Planner/Course Director) had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. Perumalswami (Presenter) had no relevant financial relationships to disclose. Dr. Perumalswami submitted her slides in advance for adequate peer review, and will support her presentation and clinical recommendations with the best available evidence from the medical literature.
This meeting of the Physicians’ Research Network (PRN) and enduring material were funded in part by educational grants from: Bristol-Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Merck & Co, and ViiV Healthcare.