The enduring material is jointly provided by William Beaumont Hospital, American Academy of CME, Inc., and the American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV).
The 10th Annual American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV) was held April 28-30, 2016 in Dallas, TX. The Conference was supported by funding from the Clinical Education Initiative, New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute; and from the HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA). The conference and this web archive were supported by educational grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb; Gilead Sciences; Janssen Therapeutics, Division of Janssen Products, LP; Merck & Co.; and ViiV Healthcare.
ONLINE CE CREDIT:
Antonio E. Urbina, MD, is the Medical Director for the Mt. Sinai Institute for Advanced Medicine/Spencer Cox Clinic and Mt. Sinai Downtown clinic in New York City. Dr. Urbina serves as a Medical Director for the Clinical Education Initiative of the New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute as well as Associate Professor of Medicine at the Icahn School of School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Estimated time to complete: 30 minutes
Physicians (both specialists and primary care/family medicine), nurse practitioners, and nurses who are frontline providers of care to persons at risk of or with HIV infection. Physician assistants, pharmacists, case managers and other healthcare professionals may also participate.
As a result of participating in this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Discuss the latest data demonstrating how PrEP works across different patient populations
- Describe the basic infrastructure elements needed to assure a successful PrEP program, and
- Provide practical solutions to address common barriers to PrEP
Antonio E. Urbina, MD discloses the following relevant financial relationships: Advisory Board: Gilead Sciences, Merck & Co., Theratechnologies
For CME information or credit details, contact: email@example.com
For CNE information or credit details, contact: CEservices@academycme.org
- Volk JE, et al. No New HIV Infections with Increasing Use of HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis in a Clinical Practice Setting. Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Nov 15;61(10):1601-3.
- See also posters and abstracts from meetings cited in presentation.
Antonio E. Urbina, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine
Mt. Sinai Institute for Advanced Medicine