The enduring material is jointly provided by William Beaumont Hospital, American Academy of CME, Inc., and the American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV).
The 10th Annual American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV) was held April 28-30, 2016 in Dallas, TX. The Conference was supported by funding from the Clinical Education Initiative, New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute; and from the HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA). The conference and this web archive were supported by educational grants from Bristol-Myers Squibb; Gilead Sciences; Janssen Therapeutics, Division of Janssen Products, LP; Merck & Co.; and ViiV Healthcare.
ONLINE CE CREDIT:
Parya Saberi, PharmD, MAS, AAHIVP, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco’s Center for AIDS Prevention Studies.
Estimated time to complete: 30 minutes
Physicians (both specialists and primary care/family medicine), nurse practitioners, and nurses who are frontline providers of care to persons at risk of or with HIV infection. Physician assistants, pharmacists, case managers and other healthcare professionals may also participate.
As a result of participating in this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Recognize important drug-drug interactions between medications used for HIV and Hepatitis C treatment.
- Examine options for avoiding or minimizing drug-drug interactions.
- Identify resources to obtain up-to-date drug information on HIV and Hepatitis C drug-drug interactions.
Parya Saberi, PharmD, MAS, AAHIVP – no relevant financial relationships no disclose.
For CME information or credit details, contact: email@example.com
For CNE information or credit details, contact: CEservices@academycme.org
- AASLD HCV Guidance: http:// www.hcvguidelines.org/full-report-view
- EASL Recommendations: http://www.easl.eu/medias/cpg/HEPC-2015/Full-report.pdf
- VA HCV website: http:// www.hepatitis.va.gov/provider/index.asp ?
- WHO HCV Guidelines: http://www.who.int/hiv/pub/hepatitis/hepatitis-c-guidelines/en/
- University of Liverpool HCV drug-drug interactions: http://www.hep-druginteractions.org
- University of Liverpool HIV drug-drug interactions: http://www.hiv-druginteractions.org
- Toronto General Hospital HCV drug-drug interaction tables: http://www.hcvdruginfo.ca/
- Indiana University CYP drug interaction table: http://www.Medicine.iupui.edu/clinpharm/ddis
Parya Saberi, PharmD, MAS
University of California