Sally Friedman, Esq.
Legal Action Center
- State the basic requirements of the New York State HIV confidentiality law. *
- List the main exceptions to the HIV confidentiality law’s non-disclosure rule.
- Complete an HIV release form.
- Describe the legal consequences for violating the HIV confidentiality law.
The target audience is health care professional interested in HIV/HCV/STD continuing medical education.
This course was re-approved for CME and CNE credit on 6/03/2015 and will terminate 6/03/2018. New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute offers also a certificate of completion for those who completed the online training.
The School of Public Health, University at Albany is accredited by the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Public Health, University at Albany designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The University at Albany School of Public Health is an Approved Provider of continuing nurse education by the Northeast Multi-State Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This offering is approved for 0.75 nursing contact hours.
New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute designates this enduring material as a mandatory training program per New York State Public Health Law Article 27-F. Individuals who have successfully completed this training can claim a certificate of completion.
Policies and standards of MSSNY require that speakers and planners for CME activities disclose any relevant financial relationships they may have with commercial interests whose products, devices or services may be discussed in the content of a CME activity.
Sally Friedman, Esq has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- This online video and post-activity evaluation are 45 min in length.
- After you complete the video portion of this educational activity there will be a post-activity evaluation and quiz.
- You must pass the quiz with a score of 80% or higher to receive the CE certificate.
- If successful, you will be provided instructions to print your CE certificate at the completion of this activity.
This course refers to handouts which are available from the Legal Action Center (http://lac.org/).