Oluwaseun O Falade-Nwulia, MBBS, MPH
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Analyze the implications of timing of antiretroviral (ARV) exposure on birth defect risk.
- Describe the results of the Botswana Tsepamo birth surveillance study related to preconception dolutegravir (DTG) use and neural tube defects (NTD) and what they mean for practice in the U.S.
- Appraise the importance of prospective reporting of antiretroviral drug exposure in pregnancy to the Antiretroviral Pregnancy Registry.
The enduring material is jointly provided by Beaumont Health, American Academy of CME, Inc., and the American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV).
The 13th Annual American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV) was held April 11-13, 2019 in Miami, FL. The Conference was supported by the Clinical Education Initiative, New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute. The conference and this web archive were supported by educational grants from Gilead Sciences; Janssen Therapeutics, Division of Janssen Products, LP; Merck & Co., and ViiV HealthCare.
Hardware/Software Requirements To access this activity hardware and software requirements are noted below.
Windows Requirements: • Operating system: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later • Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or later, Mozilla Firefox 2.5 or later • Internet connection: DSL, cable modem, or other high-speed connection • Flash: Adobe Flash Player 9 or later
Macintosh Requirements: • Operating system: Mac OS X v10.3 or later • Browser: Mozilla Firefox 2.5 or later • Internet connection: DSL, cable modem, or other high-speed connection • Flash: Adobe Flash Player 9 or later
Copyright 2019. American Academy of CME, Inc., Beaumont Health, and American Conference for the Treatment of HIV.
- HCV Guidance: Recommendations for Testing, Managing, and Treating Hepatitis C. AASLD and IDSA. Available at: https://www.hcvguidelines.org/
- HCV Clinical Cards. Clinical Education Initiative, New York State Department of Health-AIDS Institute. Available at: https://ceitraining.org/resources/hcv/
- Child-Turcotte-Pugh Classification for Severity of Cirrhosis Calculator. University of Washington. Available at: https://www.hepatitisc.uw.edu/page/clinical-calculators/ctp
- HIV and HCV Drug Interactions: Quick Guides for Clinicians. AETC National Coordinating Resource Center. Available at: https://aidsetc.org/resource/hiv-and-hcv-drug-interactions-quick-guides-clinicians
- HIV Drug Interactions. University of Liverpool. Available at: https://www.hiv-druginteractions.org/checker
- Key to HIV Drug Name Abbreviations. AIDSinfo. Available at: https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/guidelines/html/1/adult-and-adolescent-arv/292/drug-name-abbreviations