Judith A. Berg, MD
George Baehr Professor of Medicine
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Health System
- Educate and counsel persons with HIV on risk factor modification to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Detect and manage cardiovascular risk factors among persons with HIV according to evidence-based guidelines.
The enduring material is jointly provided by Beaumont Health, American Academy of CME, Inc., and the American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV).
The 13th Annual American Conference for the Treatment of HIV (ACTHIV) was held April 11-13, 2019 in Miami, FL. The Conference was supported by the Clinical Education Initiative, New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute. The conference and this web archive were supported by educational grants from Gilead Sciences; Janssen Therapeutics, Division of Janssen Products, LP; Merck & Co., and ViiV HealthCare.
Hardware/Software Requirements To access this activity hardware and software requirements are noted below.
Windows Requirements: • Operating system: Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later • Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or later, Mozilla Firefox 2.5 or later • Internet connection: DSL, cable modem, or other high-speed connection • Flash: Adobe Flash Player 9 or later
Macintosh Requirements: • Operating system: Mac OS X v10.3 or later • Browser: Mozilla Firefox 2.5 or later • Internet connection: DSL, cable modem, or other high-speed connection • Flash: Adobe Flash Player 9 or later
Copyright 2019. American Academy of CME, Inc., Beaumont Health, and American Conference for the Treatment of HIV.
- Mdodo R et al. Cigarette Smoking Prevalence Among Adults With HIV Compared With the General Adult Population in the United States: Cross-sectional Surveys. Ann Intern Med. 2015;162(5):335-344. Available at: https://annals.org/aim/article-abstract/2173501/cigarette-smoking-prevalence-among-adults-hiv-compared-general-adult-population?doi=10.7326%2fM14-0954
- Aberg J, et al. Primary care guidelines for the management of persons infected with HIV: 2013 update by the HIV medicine association of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Jan;58(1): 1-10 and e1-34. Available at: http://www.eacsociety.org/guidelines/eacs-guidelines/eacs-guidelines.html
- Jacobson TA, et al. National Lipid Association Recommendations for Patient-Centered Management of Dyslipidemia: Part 2. Clinical Lipidology. 2015;9(6), Supplement, Pages S1–S122.e1. Available at: https://www.lipidjournal.com/article/S1933-2874(15)00380-3/abstract
- Stone N, et al. 2013 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Treatment of Blood Cholesterol to Reduce Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Risk in Adults: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Circulation. 2014;129:S1–S45. Available at: https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/01.cir.0000437738.63853.7a
- AHA Guidelines on the Go app (available on the App Store and Google Play)
- Key to HIV Drug Name Abbreviations. AIDSinfo. Available at: https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/guidelines/html/1/adult-and-adolescent-arv/292/drug-name-abbreviations
- HIV Drug Interactions. University of Liverpool. Available at: https://www.hiv-druginteractions.org/checker