Hepatitis C and Drug User Health Center of Excellence & HRSA Region II Training Series:
Time: 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
Harm Reduction for Health Care Providers
Thursday, 5/5/2021 from 12:00PM-1:00PM EST
Andrea Littleton, MD Medical Director of Bronx Works, Care for the Homeless/Street Medicine Clinician, Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center: Einstein Campus
- Discuss the key guiding principles of harm reduction in the context of working with individuals who use drugs.
- Understand the evidence demonstrating how harm reduction approaches can improve patient engagement and clinical outcomes.
- Describe harm reduction techniques or skills that a practitioner can employ in his/her practice in the near future.
- Discuss harm reduction in New York State.
Buprenorphine in New York State: A Clinical Overview
Wednesday, 5/19/2021 from 12:00PM-1:00PM EST
Linda Wang, MD Assistant Professor, Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Identify how buprenorphine fits into a harm reduction framework.
- Review federal and state requirements for prescribing buprenorphine.
- Discuss perceived challenges in buprenorphine implementation and strategies to overcome them.