Explore Sexual Health Center of Excellence Learning Pathways (LP)
Mastering Syphilis (Online)
Sir William Osler is reported to have said he who knows syphilis, knows medicine. This 4-part series features 4-hour long presentations related to the complex condition that is syphilis. Topics include a syphilis overview, neurosyphilis, congenital syphilis and a panel discussion regarding the management of real-world difficult cases. The presentations can be viewed independently or sequentially.
- Congenital Syphilis-Treatment and Prevention
- Case Discussions: Sexually Transmitted Infections
The Trans Health Series: Building Blocks for Trans and Gender Diverse Care (Online)
This training is aimed at increasing the learner’s knowledge of trans health. The series will walk through the differences between sex assigned at birth, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation and describe components of gender-affirming care and medical transition across the lifespan. Dr. Erica Bostick and Dr. Kyan Lynch discuss the ins and outs of Transgender and Gender Non-Confirming health in a series of short videos. This series is best viewed sequentially.
- Trans Health Series: Foundational Concepts and Terminology
- Trans Health Series: The “Pain” and “Joy” of Being Gender Diverse
- Trans Health Series: Creating an Inclusive and Affirming Health Care Space
- Trans Health Series: The Medical Appointment
- Trans Health Series: Types of Transitioning-Social, Medical, Non-Medical and Surgical
- Trans Health Series: Types of Transitioning-Social, Medical, Non-Medical and Surgical Continued
Emerging Issues in the Management of STIs (Online)
The diagnosis and management of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) has become increasingly complex. It is important for practicing clinicians to be aware of changes in epidemiology, diagnostics, treatment recommendations, and prevention methods. This five-part series features 30-minute presentations related to new and emerging issues that impact the care of those with sexually transmitted infections. Topics include the emergence of antibiotic resistant gonorrhea, doxycycline as STI prophylaxis, the changing epidemiology of disseminated gonococcal infections, the care and follow up of congenital syphilis, and sexually transmitted enteric pathogens. These presentations can be viewed independently or sequentially.
- Emerging Issues in the Management of STI: Trends in Antibiotic Resistant Gonorrhea
- Emerging Issues in the Management of STIs: Doxycycline and STI Prevention
- Emerging Issues in the Management of STIs: Recent Trends in Disseminated Gonococcal Infections
- Emerging Issues in the Management of STIs: Syphilis in Pregnancy: Care and Follow Up of the Neonate
- Emerging Issues in the Management of STIs: Sexually Transmitted Enteric Pathogens