HIV and Transgender-Affirming Care Preceptorships
What does Preceptorship program include?
II. Transgender-Affirming Care Preceptorship for Clinicians
The goal of the Transgender-Affirming Care Preceptorship program is for preceptees to build their capacity to provide gender-affirming care to transgender and non-binary individuals. This comprehensive clinical training program includes 5 hours of didactic leaning taught by content experts (CME/CNE provided), 6-8 hours of on-site experiential learning at the Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery in Manhattan, and clinical tools to support implementation.
Increase your skills in the following areas:
- Creating a transgender-affirming practice
- Providing inclusive and affirming primary care to transgender patients
- Initiating and monitoring gender-affirming hormone therapy
- Educating patients about gender affirmation surgery and aftercare
- Linking transgender patients to services to support mental health and wellness
Who is eligible to participate in the Transgender-Affirming Care Preceptorship?
NYS clinical professionals (MDs, NPs, RNs, PAs, DOs)
For More Information:
Participation in the Transgender-Affirming Care Preceptorship program includes an application process. To learn more, please contact: Mark Stratton, MPH, Program Coordinator, HIV Primary Care and Prevention Center of Excellence at: email: email@example.com.