PrEP (Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis)
Public Service Announcement
CEI offers public service announcements (PSAs) to raise awareness of important topics for clinicians who care for patients with or at risk for HIV, HCV and other STDs. To watch the short PSAs please follow the links below.
PrEP for Pharmacist
- Dear Colleagues,
The AIDS Institute Materials Initiative is pleased to announce new materials on pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). These materials consist of a brochure and a card entitled "PrEP Yourself Against HIV" and are available in both English and Spanish.
To view and download these materials, please visit www.health.ny.gov/PrEP. This website also includes other important information including fact sheets for non-clinical providers, information on PrEP-AP, and the New York State PrEP/PEP Provider Voluntary Directory.
To order these materials for your health agency, please call the AIDS Institute Materials Initiative at 518-474-3045.
- There are various health coverage and NYSDOH sponsored programs providing coverage for PrEP. Please visit the following link to learn more: Payment Options for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Ordering Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) cards is now easier than ever!
The CEI HIV/HCV Center for Excellence has received a new shipment of PrEP cards. This convenient card provides clinically relevant information on the recommended PrEP regimen, pre-prescription assessment, information on lab tests and monitoring, the New York State Clinical Consultation Line, as well as the website addresses for further information regarding PrEP guidelines and CEI initiatives. This card can be discreetly attached to a medical providers name tag while providing all of the important information needed to make clinically sound decisions regarding PrEP.
Please visit the following link to view and order PrEP cards for your organization: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BG38MH5
- CEI provides this toll-free number for clinicians in New York State to discuss PEP, PrEP, HIV, HCV and STD management with a specialist.
- New York State Guidance for the Use of PrEP to Prevent HIV Transmission
- New York State AIDS Institute Online Resources for PrEP and nPEP li>
- CDC: Preexposure Prophylaxis for HIV Prevention in the United States - 2014. A Clinical Practice Guideline
- CDC: Preexposure Prophylaxis for the Prevention of HIV in the United States - 2014. Clinical Provider's Supplement
PrEP is the third point of Governor Andrew Cuomo's plan to end the AIDS epidemic in New York STate. Please check the online resources related to PrEP developed by CEI and other programs.